Delivery Driver / Material Handler
This position will report to our location in Raleigh, close to HWY 401 & 70. The hours are M-F 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
Delivery Driver's / Material Handlers at ITC Millwork are responsible for operating company owned or leased vehicles safely and efficiently, following assigned routes for delivery and manual unloading or pick-up of interior doors and architectural millwork to customer jobsites by performing a variety of duties and core responsibilities,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Knows ITC Millwork's merchandise and how best it should be handled.
- Inspects vehicle(s) for any damage, or maintenance issues prior to departure and records findings in a Daily Driver Log.
- Inspects materials to be delivered and ensure load is secure.
- Follows assigned route for delivery to customer jobsites.
- Follows specific written delivery instructions on each shipping order.
- Ensures that physical address of delivery matches paperwork before unloading.
- Ensures product and quantities being unloaded match shipping orders and reports any discrepancy to Supervisor.
- Ensures product is damage free and reports any discrepancy to Supervisor.
- Picks up, occasionally, materials from a supplier and returns to the warehouse.
- Picks up company trim racks and/or unused materials from jobsite and returns to warehouse, following specific instructions on each Return/Pickup Ticket.
- Uses good judgment to assess jobsite conditions and plan for safe unloading of materials.
- Maintains valid Driver's License and immediately reports any change to Supervisor.
- Maintains valid personal DOT Medical Card.
- Uses forklift to load outgoing deliveries and unload incoming deliveries to warehouse.
- Keeps Diver Daily Log, accurately recording mileage and hours worked each day.
- Turns in all receipts for fuel or other purchases.
- Leaves vehicle interiors clean and free of debris.
- Represents the company with professional conduct and courtesy when dealing with builders, vendors, subcontractors, coworkers, and competition.
- Follows all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
This job has on supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an invididual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even with dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibility; exhibits objectivity and openness to others; views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;; supports everyone's efforts. to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implication of decisions; display orientation to profitability.
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences,; promotes a harassment-free environment
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administration tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against stand of excellence.
- Planning / Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts will under pressure; treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;/ accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on all commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance / Punctuality - Consistently at work on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions,; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; competes tasks on time or notifies appropriate persona with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties to satisfaction. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiences.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift Certification
- Valid Driver's License
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Card
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read maps and follow written driving directions
- Legible handwriting is required
- Must be able to work independently as well as working as part of a team with minimal supervisionis.
- Must be able to operate a straight-drive truck.
- Experience in a warehouse environment is preferred
- Previous delivery experience a plus
- Knowledge of the building industry and building materials in general is a plus
- Forklift is frequently used for loading and unloading of materials, and for moving materials for one location to another.
- Chop Saw/Radial Arm Saw is occasionally used for cutting materials to customer specifications.
- 10'-26' Box Truck
- 10' -26' Flat Bed Truck
- Pickup Truck
- Pickup Truck pulling a flat bed or enclosed trailer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.